Sunday, March 21, 2010

David Short's final report as he returns from work with the Tennessee team in Haiti

Bonjour...

I made it home about 12:30 AM Thursday morning and as with all of these kinds of trips Laura and I stayed up until 2:30 catching up. God, in His incredible sense of humor, woke us up with a call at 7:30 AM from Julie (our very pregnant daughter) letting us know that she was on the way to the hospital. She was 5 weeks early at the time. Laura and I were at the hospital yesterday until around 9:30 last night.

Levi Samuel Barr arrived this morning around 1:30 AM. He is a healthy premee weighing in at 5 lbs 10 ozs and measuring 18 inches. Mom and dad (and Nonny Laura) are doing well. The next 48 hours are critical for the development of his lungs so please be praying for him.

I sill be pushing our pictures and videos from the trip up to the Flickr server as soon as possible. My next trip is March 27th so I will send more emails then. We do have 7 of us lined up to do more construction and a medical team of 18 coming down. Please keep all of this in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment