Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 7...
Bow Dye Bewiw (Lord Bless You)...

Today was a wonderful day of rest. We left for church at 6:30 (yes, that is AM). Church started at 7:00 and ran until 10:30. We probably had close to 1,000 people at the church and I would have to say one of the most moving worship services that I have ever been to. The Haitian people are so loving and friendly...even in the midst of the most devastation and poverty that I have ever seen.

After church we rode around the area to show the team more of Haiti.

I continue to thank you for your prayers and thoughts. Our host here is Pastor Lionel Moril. He has been married for 7 1/2 months and they have a baby due in about 6 months. The church that he pastors is about 25 miles from here and he has asked us if we would pray that God would provide a vehicle for him so that he could get to his church more easily.

I hope pictures of the devastation never get too old, but I do not believe I will ever be able to truly give you an understanding of it's enormity without coming here.

May God Bless You and your loved ones.




Day 6....

Bonswa...

Well, we are on the downhill side of this trip. We are hearing rumors that our truck and supplies may be showing up tonight. Today we spent most of the day cleaning the windows and walls of the dormitory rooms to get them ready to paint.


We also did another hardware run and will be able to get the roof drains all set up tomorrow.

The team has made a lot of friends so I suspect there will be some sadness when we head out on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment