Saturday, June 5, 2010

Site Coordinator David Short's Story



In finishing the May construction trip...


Another reason that this was a hard departure is that Laura and I are approaching 6 months now of doing this work. God has blessed us with the ability to do this. God has blessed me with a wife that has been supportive by letting me run down here four times and leaving her to fend for herself at home. We still feel like God is calling us to use our gifts and talents and lifelong skills to do this kind of work for the building of His kindom. We are still waiting upon him to show us how this will be fulfilled, or if this time that we have been involved in Haiti is just a season with an end coming soon. We do not know where this journey will lead us but we do desire your prayers and thoughts for us as we joyfully and carefully look to God to lead us. What we do know is that if this is where He leads us that we will need to raise our funds as so many other missionaries do and that we might be coming to you to consider supporting us.

I thank you so much for all of your support on these trips. My next trip…and as of this time my last one scheduled is June 5th through 12th. I should be able to show you pictures of Pastor Pierre Paul’s finished home as well as the next project. I would like to end with some Bible verses that might help you know a little more about my heart and why I am doing this:

John 3:16-17

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Romans 10:13-15

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Isaiah 6:8

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Thanks for listening to my story and the activities in Haiti…

No comments:

Post a Comment