Friday, May 7, 2010

Haiti Trip #4: May 7 through 23, Pre-trip

Hello again...

I have the opportunity to lead another team to Haiti to continue doing Disaster Response work for Mission to North America (MNA). I leave tonight and will be arriving in Haiti tomorrow morning. The first week will be meeting with some of the leaders from El Shaddai Ministries International (ESMI) and MNA to do some basic planning for future trips and ongoing recovery activities, participate in a disaster response seminar being given to some pastors, travel out to Mirebilais where MNA is working with the Great Commission Alliance to build a new community, and hopefullyeet with some of the NGO's working in the area to build our relationship with them.

We will also be getting the Oasis compound in Carrefour ready for the team that will be arriving on the 15th. This team will be the first one to start working in the community. We will be rebuilding one of the churches that was damaged in the earthquake.

As usual I will try to send out daily emails with some pictures. If you would rather not receive these emails let me know and I will take you off of my list.

David Short

No comments:

Post a Comment