Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sunday











Bonswa…

Today we had another opportunity to participate in a church service. Today we went to a Baptist church in Port-au-Prince. Guercy has been there several times before and even preached there a few times. He prepared me by letting me know that I might be asked to share something. I was, and had the opportunity to share a short message. As with the other services it was quite an enjoyable experience.


During the church service they had a special ceremony where they recognized all of the helpers in the church with a gift. After the church service we were invited to join in a potluck for these helpers. What we found out was that the pastor’s birthday is May 15th so the pastor has had the church set aside the third Saturday of each May to recognize all of the helpers in the church. The potluck was wonderful and the team did a great job just becoming a part of the church community.


While we were fellowshipping with the church members two girls came up to Britt and me and shared with us that they were in charge of the children’s church that meets every Sunday. Their last time to meet is June 13th and they plan on having a celebration for their children. They want to give each of the children a small gift. I had the pastor clarify what they needed as far as funds and it turned out to be $1000, which would be a small gift for each of their 200 students. If you would like to donate to this let me know and I will tell you where the funds can be donated. I will back down here June 5-12 and will be able to bring the funds with me.


Tomorrow we head out to our site and start working on our first home.

Thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment